Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Seattle



I had a good trip to Seattle, got to hang out with Caleb and Dommer, see a bit of the city and hit up a pub called Fado. It was at this pub that I was scarred for life by our waitress who, though cool, could have kept her mouth shut at one point. I won't divulge the nasty details.


My time's winding down here, and seeing friends is fun. Going on a retreat with New Community (dubbed a 'training event' instead of retreat as to the dense amount of content) was really good for me. It made me sad to leave as things are exploding here, but anxious to leave and get to France, to love people over there like crazy. Probably the most impactful thing that struck me on the retreat was how my time is spent. We were singing and enjoying a time of praise, and I was wishing we could just do that all of the time and forget the worries of our lives. It was then I realized that I had all eternity to spend worshiping God, and we'd be doing it better as Rob noted. The only thing I can't do better in Heaven than I can do here is love the lost. There'll be plenty of time for pleasure and leisure in Eternity, but for now I've got to love people as Jesus would love them. I may be the only one who does.

And so, as I gear up to head to France, I'm excited. Not only for the obvious reasons of living a block from the beach (ONE BLOCK) and all the French practice I could ever want, but because there are a lot of people who need to see Jesus in a very real and practical way. I hope I can do that for them.

No comments: